Openly-gay Nigerian man based in the US, Kenny Badmus, has shared some of the things he learnt while divorcing his ex-wife in Nigeria.
The brand expert was married to his wife for six years and they have a son together. However, he came out as gay in 2015 and got married to his white partner in 2018.
Kenny took to his Instagram page recently to reveal the things he learnt during his divorce process. One of the things he said is that any woman married to a gay man knows that her husband is gay.
Read the full list below,
“I learnt a few things during my process
1. Your wife knows you are gay. I promise you, she knows. Many stay just for the kids or to avoid shame.
2. It’s absolutely not ok to lie about who you are. Let her go. It’s not anyone’s fault.
3. You owe her no explanations why you are who you are. Trust me on this one. Only a few get it.
4. What saved me was disclosing from the onset. Some will stay because they think they can change you.
5. I believe every situation is different, but one thing I believe is: if you love someone you would show them who you truly are.”
See his post below,
View this post on Instagram