Burna Boy faces fan backlash as controversies hit US tour

Grammy-winning Afrobeats star Burna Boy is facing growing criticism in the United States as his No Sign of Weakness tour struggles with fan backlash, low turnout and cancelled shows following a string of controversies.

Advertisment

The trouble started on November 12 during his concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado, where the singer abruptly stopped performing to order the removal of a fan he accused of sleeping in the front row.

The incident, captured on video, drew immediate outrage online, with many describing his reaction as insensitive.

Advertisment

The fan, later identified as Chaltu Jateny, said she had been emotionally drained after the death of her daughter’s father and attended the concert hoping to find relief.

Advertisment

READ THIS  Army officer rushed to hospital with s#x toy stuck in vagina after 'cranking up' speed

Her explanation sparked further sympathy, fuelling wider calls for Burna Boy to apologise.

Days later, the controversy appeared to affect attendance. His November 22 show in Houston recorded visibly empty sections in the venue, reigniting debate about his treatment of supporters.

Advertisment

During the same performance, another fan was filmed sleeping while the artiste was on stage, prompting fresh jabs on social media.

Critics pointed to previous comments made by the singer, including a viral livestream where he said he was only interested in fans “who have money,” a remark many believe deepened the resentment now reflected in ticket sales.

Advertisment

Amid the backlash, it was confirmed that two tour dates , scheduled for November 28 and December 1, were officially cancelled.

Advertisment

READ THIS  Why every girl has at least three boyfriends – Lady reveals

International celebrities also weighed in. American rapper Eminem described the Colorado incident as “not cool,” while streamer Ryan Garcia said declining attendance showed that “life can humble anyone quickly.”

Advertisment

On social media, some Nigerians and international fans urged Burna Boy to take responsibility and address his conduct.

Advertisment

However, a few voices defended the artiste, insisting that his influence on global Afrobeats remains significant.

Advertisment

One commentator described Burna Boy as “too important to the culture,” adding that he carries the creative aspirations of many young Nigerians.

Advertisment

Advertisment

Advertisment

Advertisment

Check Also

Mohbad called off his wedding to Wunmi after he caught her with another man – Late singer’s father alleges

Fresh controversy has erupted in the ongoing dispute between the family of the late singer …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from Fastrumours

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading