The human body is the structure of a human being. It is composed of many different types of cells that
together create tissues and subsequently organ systems.
Our bodies consist of a number of biological systems that carry out specific functions necessary for
The human body is a strange and fascinating place and so much of it still remains a
mystery to us. It is weird, miraculous, disgusting, wonderland. The Human Body is a treasure trove of
mysteries, one that still confounds doctors and scientists about the details of its working. These are
1.The human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
2.You are taller in the morning; throughout the day, the cartilage between your bones is compressed,
making you about 1 cm shorter by day’s end.
3.The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades.
4.The human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
5.Like fingerprints, every person has a unique tongue print.
6. Between birth and death, the human body goes from having 300 bones, to just 206.
7. Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins, who smell the same.
8. The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet in the air.
9. The brain doesn’t feel pain; even though the brain processes pain signals, the brain itself does not
actually feel pain.
10.More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing.
11.A person will die from lack of sleep sooner than they will from starvation, which usually takes a few
12. We share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimp and 70% with a slug.
13.When you blush, the inside of your stomach does too.
14. When listening to music, your heartbeat will sync with the rhythm.
15. Your mouth produces about one litre of saliva each day
16. Your brain is sometimes more active when you’re asleep than when you’re awake.
17. Your left lung is about 10 percent smaller than your right one..
18. Human teeth are just as strong as shark teeth.
19. Scientists estimate that the nose can recognise a trillion different scents.
20. Babies don’t shed tears until they’re at least one month old.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.